The Chateau at The Ridge is a French/Spanish inspired facility designed to create unforgettable memories.
Our Property Is Comprised Of Three Main Areas:
The Knoll at The Ridge:
The Knoll is our outdoor ceremony site located at the highest point of our property:
- 250 guests for the Ceremony
- Tent rentals are available for inclement weather
- Site is approximately 5,000 sq.ft
- The Knoll is handicap accessible.
The Chateau at The Ridge:
The Chateau is an indoor/outdoor facility located in close proximity to The Knoll:
- 175 for a sit down dinner, 250 for a cocktail party
- Two Bridal Rooms are available for rent at The Chateau
- The Chateau is available for Ceremony & Reception, Reception only, Rehearsal Dinners, and any other private event.
- Curfew for events is 10:00pm
- The Chateau is handicap accessible with the exception of the top level bridal suite.
The Residence at The Ridge:
The Residence is the first structure you see when arriving to our property:
- Available as an additional rental the day of for the couple, family, and bridal party.
- The Residence is NOT handicap accessible.
Exact seating capacity for The Knoll and The Chateau are dictated by event design
The Residence and The Knoll cannot be rented as standalone spaces
A Professional Wedding Planner/Coordinator is required for all Ceremonies & Receptions at The Ridge
EFFECTIVE FOR THE 2019 SEASON: The Ridge will no longer host Ceremony Only events on Saturday’s. If you wish to rent The Ridge for just your Ceremony, you may do so on available weekdays (Monday-Friday) and Sunday's. Please inquire with a Ridge Event Specialist for further pricing and information.
Please visit our exclusive vendors list for The Ridge found Exclusive Vendors List . The Ridge only provides breakfast, lunch, and snacks to the host the day of the event if requested for the couple, family members, and bridal parties using The Chateau and/or The Residence for an all day rental.
The Ridge DOES NOT provide catering for events held on our property. Host is responsible for booking an outside caterer that meets their event needs. Below are a list of preferred caterers and their contact information. If you have another caterer of choice, you are welcome to use them.
*Caterer is required to provide all staffing needed for proper food service*
The Ridge will provide outside caterers with the following at The Chateau:
- Assembly Kitchen for caterer: (warmers, fridge & freezer, dishwasher, triple-bay sink and fixtures, prep tables and direct door entrance from outside for convenience load in/out.)
- All china flatware and glassware needed for food service. Reservation for serving items needs to be finalized 3 weeks prior to event
*Please view our Outside Catering Requirements Document for full details*
Bar & Beverages Notes
The Ridge will provide all beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic, needed for your event.
If a Per Person 4 Hour Bar Package is selected but the function lasts longer than the allotted bar time, arrangements must be made in advance for continuing bar services. Please inquire with The Ridge for options.
Signature/specialty drinks, coffee, prosecco, and iced tea are not part of bar packages, but are available upon request.
THE RIDGE promotes responsible drinking. We reserve the right to refuse the service of alcohol or ask an individual to vacate the premises.
- The last call for alcohol will be at 9:50 P.M. All alcoholic beverages will be removed from tables and guests by 10:00 P.M.
- No outside alcoholic beverages are permitted on the property.
- Cash Bar services are not allowed at The Ridge per county law.
Please see Bar Package Document for Bar Specifics
Transportation for all guests is required if alcoholic beverages are being served. Additional charges apply.
Tables, Linens & More
The Chateau at The Ridge can provide all items essential for your event.
- Dinner tables provided are 5ft X 5ft square (can seat a maximum of 10 per table) and 60” rounds (can seat a maximum of 8 per table)
- Cocktail and Bistro tables are square 28in X 28in
- Chairs provided
- The Ridge also provides all china, glassware and flatware needed.
- The Ridge linens are white lap length.
- Upgrades available upon request (additional charges apply).
- The Chateau has a surround sound system with iPod connection. All Audio & Video needs are available upon request (additional charges apply).
- In house décor is required with the rental of the facility and includes all existing candles, lanterns, custom buffet tables, custom wood tables and adjustable lighting.
- Additional decor provided by the host must be placed by either the host or someone acting on behalf of the host (i.e. family member, friend, event planner).
- All specialty item rentals have to go through The Ridge.
Outside Vendor Fees
- There is a 10% outside vendor fee for the caterer only
Vendors Not provided by The Ridge
- Caterer & staffing for catering services
- Ceremony Officiant
Optional Rental Items: (please to see our upgrades package)
- Specialty Table Linens & Napkins
- Table Numbers
- Twinkle Lighting
- Café Lighting
- UpLighting – different colors available
- Yard Games (Corn Hole, Giant Jenga, Rustic Ring Toss, Tic-Tac-Toe)
- Standing Speaker & Aux Chord Connection
- Wireless Microphone with Mic Stand
- Lapel Microphone
- White Cart for Stationed Drinks
- Ceremony Arbor
- Reserved Seating Signs for Ceremony
- Floor Easels
- Sparklers & Sparkler Boxes
- Hospitality Baskets (stationed inside the bathrooms for guests)
*All specialty rental items needed are to be arranged through The Ridge. Please contact your Event Manager for details and pricing.*
The Ridge Residence (optional) $1,500.00
The Residence is a beautiful 3 story house with a spacious kitchen and living room area and various getting ready rooms with comfortable private bathrooms. The Residence also has a wraparound porch with outdoor furniture lounge areas, this house is perfect for making you feel at home.
- Use of entire residence starting at 9:00 a.m. until designated departure time.
- Bridal Party getting ready time
- Beverages available upon request; charged per consumption basis
- Breakfast & Lunch available upon request: (please ask for menu)
- Personal attendant (setting up breakfast, cleaning up, pouring drinks, available at hand) when applicable.
Rain Plan Option:
The Ridge offers one rain plan option in the event of inclement weather. Final decision for a rain plan must be made at least 24 hours prior to the event day. Additional charges to apply.
Option 1: Tent Rental
Tent rentals are available for your outdoor ceremony on The Knoll in the event of inclement weather. Tent options are available in White or Clear “colors” and tent accessories/side walling are also available for rent.
- Tent Size needed for up to 100 guests: 40’ x 50’ – inquire for pricing
- Tent Size needed for up to 200 guests: 50’ x 70’ – inquire for pricing
- For additional charges you may request pull-away walls in:
- Classic White, Clear, or Cathedral (window panels)
Reservations & Cancelations for Tents:
- A 50% deposit will be required upfront to reserve the tent.
- You have up to 24 hours prior to your event date to cancel the tent reservation.
- The deposit is non-refundable if the tent reservation is cancelled.
- If tent is NOT reserved within 24 hours of your event there will be a $1,000.00 rush order IF there is a tent available.
**If a tent is not reserved for your Ceremony at The Knoll and it rains there is a $8.00 damage fee per chair**
Parking & Transportation
The Ridge has onsite parking available for up to 85 vehicles. If alcoholic beverages are being served for any portion of your event, transportation is required for all guests at an additional cost. The Ridge is happy to make these reservations & arrangements for you. Inquire with your Ridge Event Specialist for further details & pricing. If guests/family members must drive due to physical disabilities or time constraints we do allow this.
Event Planning & Services
*Please note that a professional Wedding Planner/Coordinator is required for all Ceremonies & Receptions at The Ridge*
Basic Overview of Pricing:
- Day Of: $1,600
- Ceremony & Reception: $2,500
- Silver Planning Package: $5,500
Please contact a member of The Planning to discuss availability, options, and services available.
828.252.1101 ext. 304 or visit us online at: theplanningasheville.com
- Adjustable lighting with dimmers
- We are a Smoke Free Property. No smoking is allowed inside any buildings, on the porches, or anywhere at The Knoll. Smoking is only allowed in clearly marked designated smoking areas.
- Events can be held until 10:00 P.M.
- Client Cancels Event: There will be no reimbursements of deposit if client cancels the scheduled event. However, the deposit will apply toward a rescheduled date. A 10% fee will apply to reschedule event, based on the estimated proposal amount.
- The Ridge Cancels Event: If The Ridge is unable to fully execute the terms and obligations of your contract for client due to loss of utilities, acts of God, or any act of a government body, you will be refunded 100% of your monies.
- Postponements & Rescheduling: Events will be allowed to be rescheduled at the discretion of Ridge management, with payments collected to date being applied to the new event date. However, rental rates and other costs are subject to change as dictated by market values & costs. Available reschedule dates are subject to standing contracts.
- We accept Cash, Check, Visa, MasterCard & Discover.
- We do not accept American Express.
- A 3% fee will apply on all Credit and Debit card transactions.
- 50% down payment is required upon proposal acceptance.
- An open credit card is necessary for the use of the Host Bar Services.
- The Per Person bar (4-hour package) or Consumption Bar deposit will be part of your estimate/proposal
- Non-refundable Deposit.
- The balance owed on the event is due 2 weeks prior to event.
- A late fee will apply to all menu items that didn't meet the turn in deadline.
- Final payment is due to The Ridge two (2) weeks after the final event invoice has been sent. Late payments will be subject to a 5% finance charge for every month the payment is late.
Steps After Booking
- Amend the estimate (if needed) to better reflect your event needs.
- Contract signed & deposit due (50% of proposal).
- Approximately 5 months out, schedule a logistical meeting to go over event details and floor plans.
- Adjust details as needed as details are firmed up.
- 3 weeks prior to event, touch base to cover any last minute details. Final guest count, menu decisions, and bar arrangements are due at this time.
- 2 weeks prior to event, balance owed on the event is due.
- Day of, relax and have one of the best days of your life!
Explanation of Ridge Estimate
The Chateau Rental:
Rental will be available to the client for a total of 4 hours for a Reception; 5 hours for a Ceremony & Reception. If the Ceremony is added, the Ceremony will take place outdoors at The Knoll located above The Residence.
Should you wish to extend your event, additional room rental is available at $500.00 per hour. Additional charges for Ridge staff members will apply. Provisions must be made for continuance of bar services for the duration of your event.
Rain Plan Options if inclement weather is expected:
- Tent Rental for The Knoll – please inquire with your Ridge Event Manager for further details on options & pricing.
- Have the Ceremony inside at The Chateau. This option would require a “room flip” for reception. If you choose to have your Ceremony at The Chateau, the decision must be made at least 24 hours prior to event day and your caterer must be notified as well since their staff will be involved with flipping the room.
*Additional staff fee will apply for room flip from ceremony to reception at The Chateau.*
Ceremony Rehearsal at The Ridge (Optional):
Your Ceremony site (The Knoll or The Chateau) will be available for 1 hour for your Ceremony Rehearsal. Ceremony Rehearsal at The Ridge is subject to availability and cannot be confirmed until 2 weeks prior to your date.
Basic Décor Package:
The Basic décor package includes all candle décor provided for your function on guest tables (votives), bar areas, lanterns on walls, window boxes and buffet stations. It also includes, our custom wood tables, buffet/display tables, our standard lounge set up, adjustable lighting and use of any décor we have available in the facility.
Rental of Tables, Linens, Chairs, China, Glassware and Flatware:
The charge per person reflected on the estimate is for the rental of everything necessary for your meal. Tables available are 5-foot square, 60” round that can sit up to 10 guests per table, cocktail/bistro tables are also available for use, and all chairs are included in this price. Our china is white, all flatware is polished stainless steel, and all glassware is clear glass.
All floor attendants, bartenders, and back of house hours are based on a 10 hour shift. Each employee is paid by the hour from when they arrive for event set up until they are done cleaning and placing all items used for your event back in their proper place.
This figure reflected is an ESTIMATE based on labor we have used in the past for similar events of similar duration, complexity, tasks. It is a general dollar amount put in place to show you our best guess.
The number and hours worked for floor attendants and bartenders required for the event may change depending on the final arrangements for the event. Components of events that dictate staff requirements include, but are not limited to, such items as type of event, components of the event, final guest count, and bar set up/offerings. All of these items will affect the total of floor attendant and bartender fees and the total personnel needed for the event.
The Ridge does not provide catering for Receptions. The host is responsible for booking an outside caterer for their event’s food needs.
The Ridge does provide breakfast, lunch, and snack options if the host/client wishes to rent the Bridal Rooms at The Chateau and/or the Bridal Rooms at The Residence. The Ridge can provide you with menus and each menu item is individually priced per person. The client has total control of the total dollar amount they want to spend as well as the specific food choices.
Prices are subject to change according to market value and every effort will be made to convey the change in price to the client at the earliest convenience.
The Ridge provides the client with a variety of choices of bar packages. Prices are subject to change.
Bar packages are changeable up until the final payment is received (due two weeks prior to event date).
No alcohol or beverages from outside sources is permitted. However we may order specialty alcohol not on our menu for your event.
If client selects to buy a Per Person package for 4 hours, but the party is not due to end until after that package time has expired, arrangements must be made in advance to continue without interruption of the bar services. Typically, this is an hour extension at a reduced rate for that time (the client will be charged for the guests in attendance at the conclusion of their 4-hour package) or on a per-consumption basis (you are charged for just what your guests drink during this extended time). This amount is billed post party. Other options are available, and an active and valid credit card must be on file for host-provided bar continuance.
Service Charges (20% of all Food & Beverages):
This fee applies to all food and beverages that are provided by The Ridge and helps to defray the costs of Ridge management and other employees working for your event, but not directly related to your event’s night-of duties. If no food (breakfast, lunch, or snacks are purchased through The Ridge then this 20% service fee will only apply to the beverages).**This Service Charge is not a gratuity for the service staff. Tips are appreciated, but not required.**
10% Outside Catering Fee:
A rental fee of 10% of all Clients’ pre-tax expenses for the event at The Ridge is required and will be reflected on the final Ridge estimate. These expenses only include the outside caterer. This 10% fee is to cover the cost of overhead associated with hosting these vendors at our facility. Expenses for baker, photography/videography, musicians, ceremony officiants, planner/coordinator and transportation services are excluded.
In the event that family members are providing the floral arrangements there will be a flat fee of $250.00 for these services.
**All floral/décor brought in must be removed at the conclusion of the event by the florist**
Specialty glassware, serving mediums/china, and specialty décor & centerpieces will be presented on your estimate in a separate line at a cost current as of the date of the estimate to the best of our ability. The amount shown will be dependent on amount desired, availability of product, and estimated delivery costs of products. These costs are subject to fluctuating 3rd party prices that are out of our control.
The Ridge Rules & Guidelines
- Transportation services for all guests are required if alcohol is being served
- A professional event planner is required through The Planning Asheville or an event planner of your choice. The Event planner cannot be a guest of the event.
- Pets are NOT permitted inside The Residence at any given point. Breaking this rule, it will be an automatic Pet fee of $250.00. No exceptions.
- Pets are permitted ONLY on the outside of the property and must be kept on a leash at all times.
- If your Ceremony is held at The Chateau, pets are allowed in the building during the ceremony ONLY, but must be completely removed from the building prior to any food service.
- No outside beverages of any kind are permitted on Ridge property.
- Last call for alcohol is 9:50 p.m. All alcohol will be removed from the bar at that time. Alcoholic beverages must be consumed by guests no later than 10:00 p.m. Staff is instructed to remove any/all remaining drinks at that time.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to a person who shows signs of intoxication. The Ridge promotes drinking responsibly and follows all ABC and A.L.E. rules and regulations.
- No smoking in the buildings or on property managed by The Ridge including, but not limited to the bathrooms, entryways, patio or on the balcony.
- Client is responsible for any damages to the building or décor caused by intentional neglect or actions of their guests and/or vendors.
- We do not hold dates without a deposit unless there is a verbal “save the date” agreement; in which case we will hold the date/room for you for one week so that the contract can be signed and a deposit made.
- No movement of The Ridge décor without Ridge management approval and proper labor to move requested item(s).
- The Ridge is closed on Sundays, unless another event is being held. The Ridge will not be responsible for items left behind. If an item is left on Saturday night The Ridge will have to ship the items to owners at the owners cost plus 20%.
- Please do not use any chairs as a stepping stool. We will be happy to provide you with a step ladder.
- When candles are provided by florist, it is the responsibly of the florist’s staff to light these candles, please be sure they bring lighters. All candles must be in glass (or other non-flammable) containers regardless if they are being lit or not.